Help us Donate a Medicycle to Magen David Adom
The Shomrim Society is proud to roll out our campaign to donate a Medicycle to Magen David Adom. MDA is Israel’s national organization responsible for emergency pre–hospital medical care and blood services. MDA serves over half a million sick or injured people per year. MDA responds to terror attacks, road accidents, and illnesses and injuries in homes, workplaces and public spaces.
The NYPD Shomrim Society Inc is the official organization of Jewish members of the NYPD. We are not affiliated to any other Shomrim Patrol or groups that use the SHOMRIM name. We are a member of the National Conference of Shomrim Societies which is comprised of Jewish Public Safety Workers throughout the country.
Please remember Shomrim in your year-end (and year-round) charitable contributions.
- Donations to “Shomrim Society Inc.”, a tax-exempt, non-profit cemetery company organized under IRS Section 501 (c) (13) are tax deductible up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. The donation must be dedicated to the cemetery as a whole, and the donor cannot receive anything in return. The cemetery fund needs assistance in meeting rising costs and in building our treasury for the future.
- Donations to the Shomrim Society Scholarship Fund, organized under Section 501 (c) (3), are tax deductible up to 50% of your adjusted gross income. Donations to the Scholarship Fund are always appreciated. Scholarships are awarded annually to children of Shomrim members entering college, based on a competitive exam.
Dear Shomrim member or friend,
The proper time for lighting the candles in the New York area go to click here.
The traditional way to light candles on Friday night is:
- Light the candles.
- Read the blessing from the paper (without looking at the candles).
- Close your eyes and say a silent prayer for whatever is important to you.
- Open your eyes, see the flame and know you have just added light to our world.
- Wish everyone present, a good shabbos or a shabbat shalom
(a sabbath filled with peace).
- Kiss your loved ones and remind them how much you love them.
Please save this for future weeks.
May the light of our collective candles brighten the world and warm our hearts.
May the one who watches over all, protect us and our loved ones and grant us peace, health and happiness.
Board of Directors
Welcome to the
New York City Police Department
Shomrim Society Website!
The NYPD Shomrim Society is a fraternal organization of Jewish members of the New York City Police Department.