Support Israel through Magen David Adom (MDA)
The recent events in Israel have left us heartbroken as we witness our Brothers and Sisters enduring unimaginable pain. As New Yorkers and members of the NYPD Shomrim Society, we understand the toll that war and terror can take. We also recognize the vital role of rapid emergency medical care.
With over two thousand people injured in recent attacks, including brave First Responders, we implore you to support our partnership with Magen David Adom. Their volunteers provide immediate emergency medical care in Israel, often arriving within minutes during crises. Your support can make a real difference in saving lives during this challenging time.
Thank you for standing with us and Magen David Adom. Please consider sharing this campaign to amplify our impact.
New York City Police Department
Shomrim Society Website!
The NYPD Shomrim Society is a fraternal organization of Jewish members of the New York City Police Department.
The NYPD Shomrim Society, Inc. is the official organization of Jewish members of the NYPD. We are not affiliated with other Shomrim Patrol or groups using the SHOMRIM name. We are proud to be a member of the National Conference of Shomrim Societies, comprised of Jewish Public Safety Workers nationwide.
The NYPD Shomrim Society was founded in 1924 and is a non-profit organization that provides support and camaraderie for Jewish members of the NYPD. We offer a variety of programs and services, including scholarships, charitable events, and cemetery grounds. We are committed to serving our community and making a difference in the lives of our members.
We are grateful for the support of our members and the community. We look forward to continuing to serve our members and making a difference in the lives of others.
Please remember Shomrim in your year-end (and year-round) charitable contributions.
- The NYPD Shomrim Society Heroes Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, EIN 87-3053217, that supports all society endeavors, including scholarships, charitable events, cemetery grounds, and general welfare. Donations are tax-deductible up to 50% of your income. Your contribution can be made online or by mail.
Dear Shomrim member or friend,
The proper time for lighting the candles in the New York area go to click here.
The traditional way to light candles on Friday night is:
- Light the candles.
- Read the blessing from the paper (without looking at the candles).
- Close your eyes and say a silent prayer for whatever is important to you.
- Open your eyes, see the flame, and know you have added light to our world.
- Wish everyone a present, a good shabbos, or a Shabbat shalom
(a sabbath filled with peace).
- Kiss your loved ones and remind them how much you love them.
Please save this for future weeks.
May the light of our collective candles brighten the world and warm our hearts.
May the one who watches over all protect our loved ones and us and grant us peace, health, and happiness.
NYPD Shomrim Society
Board of Directors